We really look forward to taking care of your vision needs! Your health and safety is our top priority. We ask that for eye exams with children, only one accompanying adult (and no siblings) come to the appointment. For therapy visits that cannot be conducted remotely, only the patient and therapist will be allowed in the room together.
Our front office staff will be working remotely when possible. Our staff has been trained in proper safety, social distancing, and disinfection protocols and will be screened each day before being allowed to work. Each room is equipped with a high-efficiency HEPA air filter and some exam equipment will utilize protective shields.
We need to minimize the amount of talking during all parts of the exam and to maximize our social distancing when possible. We have many options at our disposal. For example, we can host accompanying adults in a separate therapy room and allow viewing of the entire exam through tele-health: https://doxy.me/visionacademy.
We ask all patients to arrive to their appointment on time so we can limit the number of patients in the office. Appointment times will be staggered to minimize overlap and maximize social distancing. A cancellation fee of $100 will be charged for no-shows.
Please reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household has experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the last 3 weeks. These include but are not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell and stomach upset. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
With that in mind, here is what to expect during your visit:
1) Please fill out all of your intake and consent forms ahead of time so the doctor may review.
2) Let us know you’ve arrived by checking in on our telehealth platform via your mobile phone browser: https://doxy.me/visionacademy. If you cannot connect, please call the office at 415-459-2020.
3) Your provider will then ask you the COVID-19 screening questions. They may ask more intake/history questions over the phone.
4) You will be invited up to the clinic. As mandated by the California Department of Public Health, all staff and patients will be asked to wear a protective face mask in the office at all times (except for children under the age of 2 or if you have an underlying health condition which prevents you from wearing one safely). Due to limited supply, please bring your own masks.
We ask that you do not wear gloves to the appointment as everyone will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer at the beginning and end of the visit.
5) Please knock on our door and we will let you in. Temperatures will be taken with an infrared touch-less thermometer. All patients, family members, and staff must do this prior to entering our clinics. Anyone who shows signs of a fever (> 100.4 F) or illness will be asked to reschedule.
6) Your provider will then escort you to the exam or therapy room and ask you to wash your hands. The actual examination can take anywhere from 25 minutes to 1 hour depending on the age of the patient and nature of the vision problem.
7) Answering all of your questions and allowing ample discussion is very important to us. To facilitate this safely, we will encourage you to utilize our tele-health capabilities whenever possible.
8) Finally, payment will be taken with our square terminal which has touchless capabilities. Future follow-ups and office visits will be scheduled by Leah and Simon. We will encourage you to do this over the phone.
9) Our staff will disinfect all patient areas thoroughly after each appointment throughout the day with Pure & Clean disinfectant surface cleaner. This product is EPA certified and approved to be effective against SARS CoV2, the virus that causes COVID-19.